|Organization||Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB)|
|Fellowship Level||Research awards|
|Subject areas||Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences|
|Fellowship amount||Rs. 2 lakh p.a.|
|Eligibility||Open to Indian nationals|
|Duration of funding||3 years|
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB) support basic research in lead areas of Science and Engineering through its various schemes, programs, awards and fellowships.
Objective of MATRICS Scheme
To provide fixed grant support to active researchers with good credentials in Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences and Quantitative Social Sciences.
- Mathematical Sciences (MS): Mathematical and allied areas
- Theoretical Sciences (TS): All areas of Science and Engineering (other than mathematical and allied areas)
- Quantitative Social Sciences (QSS): Quantitative Social Sciences which involves quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical or computational techniques in the areas of Social Sciences
Nature of Support
Research grant of Rs. 2 lakh p.a. plus overheads for a period of three years.
Purpose for which grants can be used
- Purchase of text books and monographs.
- Purchase of minor equipment such as workstation, laptop, etc.
- Purchase of software for research purposes.
- Travel support and payment of registration fee for invited talks or presenting a paper in national and international conferences.
- Travel support for collaborative visits in India and abroad.
- Travel support and other logistics for inviting students and young researchers for research activities.
- The applicant should be an active researcher in the field of (i) Mathematical Sciences and allied areas; (ii) Science and Engineering (excluding mathematical sciences) or (iii) Social Sciences involving quantitative analysis using mathematical, statistical and computational techniques.
- The applicant should hold a Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree and must be working on regular basis in academic institutions/national labs or any other recognized R&D institutions.
- The applicant should have completed Ph.D. or M.D./ M.S. / M.D.S./ M.V.Sc degree atleast five years prior to the submission of proposal, in order to have gained individual experience.
- The applicant should have at least four years of service remaining before superannuation as on the date of submission of the proposal.